The Latest News from Senator Rosapepe's Office: November 2019
Do You Have Delinquent Uninsured Auto Fines?
Over 300,000 Marylanders are unable to register a vehicle due to delinquent uninsured auto fines. These fines create a barrier for many of our neighbors to fully engage in Maryland’s economic opportunities. For a limited time, the state of Maryland is offering a helping hand for those residents due to legislation we passed last year. FineFix is Maryland’s uninsured auto fine forgiveness program, offering eligible debtors the ability to reduce their debt by 80% and pay the remaining 20% over a six-month period. Enrollment in FineFix is available only until December 31, 2019. For more information or to verify eligibility, visit FineFix.Maryland.gov.
Reminder: Health Insurance Deadline: December 15
Delegates Peña-Melnyk, Barnes, Lehman, and I want to be sure all working families are able to sign up for affordable health insurance. Despite all the proposals in congress to repeal the Affordable Care Act (ACA), it’s still in effect. Now—through December 15—is the time to learn about coverage—and other ways to save money on health insurance. Open enrollment runs from November 1 to December 15. Be sure to enroll or change plans by visiting www.marylandhealthconnection.gov or calling toll-free 1-855-642-8572.
2020 Winter Brunch
I hope you can join my wife, Sheilah, and me for our Welcome 2020 Celebration in January. To get the details (which were not finalized at press time) and RSVP, please visit www.SenatorJimRosapepe.com. Families are welcome. We look forward to seeing you!
My wife, Sheilah, joins me in wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and great New Year!
Please let us know if there are other issues you have questions or thoughts about. And, of course, feel free to be in touch if we can help you. Just email 21stDistrictDelegation@gmail.com or call 301.858.3141.