• Beltsville News

Beltsville Family Loses Everything in Fire


Tragedy struck the Cordova family on Mother’s Day, May 10th, when their home on Olympia Avenue caught fire. Alfredo and Consuelo Cordova and their three children lost everything.

The fire began in the back yard due to a gas leak and spread quickly to the house. Consuelo was in the kitchen cooking Mother's Day dinner when she heard an explosion. She grabbed her children and fled the house. Fortunately, everyone was safe.

The Cordovas are beyond grateful for the outpouring of love and support they have received from their close-knit Beltsville neighbors, family, and friends. Unfortunately, they have a long road ahead in order to rebuild their home. They are seeking donations on Facebook from those who are able to help. You can make a donation to help them by visiting https://www.facebook.com/donate/2930901816977590/10222516244276250/

Photo Caption: Damage to the Cordova’s house was catastrophic. Picture posted by Cathy Hilbert Pittinger Kurtz on the Beltsville News Facebook page.

2 views
Beltsville News Logo_Gold.png