From the Office of Council Member Tom Dernoga December 2021
Updated: Dec 31, 2021
The indoor mask mandate is still in effect. Cases in Prince George's County are declining, and if this continues, revisions to the mask mandate are possible. For now, keep wearing your mask in all indoor locations.
Students ages 5 to 11 can now receive the COVID-19 vaccine. There are free COVID-19 vaccines for eligible children available at many pediatricians’ offices, retail and grocery store pharmacies, hospitals, and other health care providers across the County. Find nearby clinics by using the County’s vaccine clinic locator at mypgc.us/COVIDvaccine.
Third Dose VS. Booster Dose of COVID-19 Vaccines
There is confusion over the differences between a third dose and a booster dose of COVID-19 vaccines.
The third dose is specifically for:
● Individuals with weakened immune systems.
● They can receive a third dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine 28 days after receiving their second dose.
The booster dose of Pfizer and Moderna is for anyone who is:
● 65 years old and older
● 18 years old and older and living in long-term care
● 18 years old and older with health conditions
● 18 years old and older and work- or live-in high-risk settings
The booster dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine is for anyone who is:
● 18 years old and older
● Received their second dose of Pfizer or Moderna at least six months prior
● Received their first dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine at least two months prior
Winter Festival of Lights
Prince George’s County’s Winter Festival of Lights is going on now nightly from 5 PM until 9:30 PM until January 2, 2022. For your safety and the safety of our staff, please purchase tickets online at https://bit.ly/3c86W9K. For more information on the event, please visit https://bit.ly/30iABLl.
Happy Holidays, Feliz Navidad, Chag Sameach, اجازة سعيدة, Joyeuses fêtes
From our District One Team, we send holiday wishes of health and happiness to you and your family during this special season. During this festive time, you are in our thoughts and we look forward to serving you in 2022. Please stay safe and check on your neighbor.
Please keep in touch. Email us at email@example.com or call 301.952.3887. Se habla Español. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram: @TomDernogaD1