top of page
  • Senator Rosapepe's Staff

The Latest News from Senator Rosapepe's Office: September 2023

Updated: Sep 27, 2023

How to report potholes in Beltsville

Maintenance of State roads (identified by number — Rt 1, Rt 212, etc) is the responsibility of the Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA). Call 301-952-0555 to report a pothole on a state road. Other local roads are maintained by the County. To report potholes on them, call 311 (3-1-1) or 301-883-4748 or report it online at

Help with internet access for school kids

T-Mobile offers free Internet, free mobile hotspots, and access to low-cost laptops and tablets.

Comcast provides affordable home Internet for qualifying households, as well as low-cost computers, free WiFi hotspots, and free Internet training. Qualifying families can get their internet service for free.

Books From Birth Program

PGCMLS is sponsoring Books From Birth. This program is designed to get books into the homes and hands of every young child in Prince George’s County. Children under the age of five will receive a free book in the mail every month until their fifth birthday! To register and to learn more visit For free braille and audiobook options visit

Get Money for Child Care

Are you currently working or enrolled in a school or training program? If so, you may qualify for a Child Care Scholarship. You can apply in 3 easy steps to receive 60 days of temporary childcare assistance while your application is processed. Go to and apply.

New Property Tax Credit for senior citizens

In 2009, we helped pass a state law allowing the County to cut property taxes for senior citizens, starting at age 65.

We’re pleased to report that Councilmen Tom Dernoga and his colleagues voted to use this law to create a new tax credit for seniors (65 and over) if they’ve lived in their home for at least ten years and its value is no more than $500,000.

The first deadline to apply is October 1, 2023.

For more information go to or call the County’s Treasury service at 301-952-4030.

COVID info and help

MDGOVAX Call Center Services are transitioning to 2-1-1 Maryland. Marylanders can still receive information and referrals regarding COVID-19 resources by calling 2-1-1 or texting your zip code to 898 211.

Legal Assistance Available for Veterans

The Homeless Persons Representation Project, Inc (HPRP) offers legal assistance for homeless or low-income veterans with service-connected ability benefits, non-service-connected pensions, and discharge upgrades. Learn more about HPRP’s programs and services by calling 410-685-6589.

Contact me

Please let me know if there are other issues you have questions or thoughts about. And, of course, feel free to be in touch if I can be of help to you. Just email or call 410-841-3141.

2 views0 comments
bottom of page