UpStage Artists Announces Auditions for it’s Spring Show, One and Dunne!
Updated: Aug 30
UpStage Artists is happy to announce auditions for it’s spring show, “One and Dunne: An Evening of One Act Comedies” by local, award-winning playwright Jeff Dunne. Auditions will be held at Emmanuel United Methodist Church, 11416 Cedar Lane Beltsville, MD 20705 on
Friday, March 11 from 7-9 pm and Saturday, March 12 from 3-5 pm. Rehearsals begin March 21 and are held on Monday, Thursday, and Friday evenings. You will not have to be at every rehearsal. There will be 4 mandatory rehearsals from May 2 to May 5. There are 6 show dates, May 6-8, and May 13-15. If you are interested go to www.upstageartists.com/auditions and fill out the online audition form.
One of the missions of UpStage Artists is to create theater for anyone who wants to try. If you have ever wanted to try theater but were worried about the time commitment or the amount of work needed, this may be the show for you to make the leap into acting. Since it is a show comprised of 9 ten-minute one act comedies, the time commitment is significantly less than a normal show. UpStage Artists loves working with new performers and teaching them about theater. So, if you have ever wanted to act before, come out and audition. Auditions will consist of cold readings from the scripts. There are 26 roles throughout the 9 scripts for men and women. Auditioners should be 16 years of age or older. If you have any questions, contact UpStage Artists by email at email@example.com.
The plays you will be auditioning for are:
• The New Death: Death has retired. He wanted a job where people were happy to see him, and so took off for new horizons. Now a replacement is needed, is Cheese up to the task?
• The Unfortunate Teller: What happens when your best friend, a fortune-teller calls out sick and you’re left to fill in for the day?
• A Change in Nature: Can we change the nature of who we are? Do we really want to?
• Crazy is the New Normal: Sometimes people get confused over the distinction of accepting the unusual vs. shunning the lack thereof.
• One’s Cup of Tea: When a pair of friends try out a new restaurant, they learn a little something about the value of frivolity from an eccentric waiter.
• The Present: Jesse is attempting to give a present to James, who seems unable or unwilling to accept it. But, for some strange reason he won’t.
• A Lively Outfit: Theo gets hired by Frank, who believes he has discovered the secret of bestowing life upon inanimate clothing.
• Zero Hour: What’s it like for the Turkey’s in the coop right before Thanksgiving? Are they prepared for the inevitable?
• Sudden Death: Cheese has finished interviewing for the job of Death, but now it turns out that there's a competitor for the position, and they are tied for first place. How will Bruunhilde decide who gets the job?