top of page
  • Senator Rosapepe's Staff

The Latest News from Senator Rosapepe's Office: October 2023

Updated: Oct 25, 2023

COVID info and help

MDGOVAX Call Center Services are transitioning to 2-1-1 Maryland. Marylanders can still receive information and referrals regarding COVID-19 resources by calling 2-1-1 or texting your zip code to 898 211.

Rare Dinosaur Fossils Discovered at Prince George’s County Dinosaur Park

During a dig experience earlier this year, Prince George’s Parks and Recreation paleontologists and volunteers discovered the largest theropod fossil in Eastern North America during a dig experience program at the Dinosaur Park earlier this year. The Prince George’s County Dinosaur Park is located at 13100 Mid Atlantic Blvd in Laurel, 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month hosts public events and provides a variety of educational experiences where the public can assist Dinosaur Park staff and be paleontologists for a day.

COVID-19 is not over

If you are you struggling to keep up with your mortgage payments or other housing costs due to COVID-19 related financial hardships the Maryland Homeowner Assistance Fund may be able to help.​ Visit the State of Maryland’s Department of Housing and Community Development website at or call the department at 301-429-7400​ to check eligibility and get assistance with navigating the application portal.

Senior Citizens Needed for UMD/NIH Hearing Study

Adults 65 to 85 are needed for part of an NIH-funded study conducted at the University of Maryland to determine if individuals could benefit from certain forms of auditory and cognitive training. The study, which is completed both on campus and at home, includes an intake assessment, six 1-hour training sessions at home, and pre- and post-test auditory measures. The training will consist of listening to and repeating sentences.

Parking at the University of Maryland is free. Participants will be compensated for their time. Participants must speak American English as their first language, have no known neurological disorder and a high school degree or GED. Call Carol Gorham at 301-405-4236 if you are interested in participating in the study.

How to report potholes in Beltsville

Maintenance of State roads (identified by number — Rt 1, Rt 212, etc) is the responsibility of the Maryland State Highway Administration (SHA). Call 301-952-0555 to report a pothole on a State road. Other local roads are maintained by the County. To report potholes on them, call 311 (3-1-1) or 301-883-4748 or report it online at

Contact me

Please let me know if there are other issues you have questions or thoughts about. And, of course, feel free to be in touch if I can be of help to you. Just email or call 410-841-3141.

4 views0 comments


bottom of page